Are You Ready to Run?
Is there a bridge from the injury-ridden world of the modern runner to the promised land that barefoot running and Born to Run have led us to believe exists? Can we really live the running life free from injury? Is there an approach designed to unlock all the athletic potential that may be hidden within? Can we run faster, longer, and more efficiently?
In a direct answer to the modern runner’s needs, Dr. Kelly Starrett, author of the bestseller Becoming a Supple Leopard: The Ultimate Guide to Resolving Pain, Preventing Injury, and Optimizing Athletic Performance, has focused his revolutionary movement and mobility philosophy on the injury-plagued world of running.
Despite the promises of the growing minimalist-shoe industry and a rush of new ideas on how to transform running technique, more than three out of four runners suffer at least one injury per year. Although we may indeed be “Born to Run,” life in the modern world has trashed and undercut dedicated runners wishing to transform their running. The harsh effects of too much sitting and too much time wearing the wrong shoes has left us shackled to lower back problems, chronic knee injuries, and debilitating foot pain.
In this book, you will learn the 12 standards that will prepare your body for a lifetime of top-performance running. You won’t just be prepared to run in a minimalist shoe–you’ll be Ready to Run, period.
In Ready to Run, you will learn:
- The 12 performance standards you must work toward and develop on an ongoing basis
- How to tap into all of your running potential and access a fountain of youth for lifelong running
- How to turn your weaknesses into strengths
- How to prevent chronic overuse injuries by building powerful injury-prevention habits into your day
- How to prepare your body for the demands of changing your running shoes and running technique
- How to treat pain and swelling with cutting-edge modalities and accelerate your recovery
- How to equip your home mobility gym
- A set of mobility exercises for restoring optimal function and range of motion to your joints and tissues
- How to run faster, run farther, and run better
**Item sold through Amazon. Prices subject to change**